Friday, February 20, 2009

Calvinist Standard Version Preview: Matt 16:18-19

Greetings to the elect. Just wanted to let you all in on an email exchange i had with one avid followers, who goes by the username "churchrat." :

Churchrat: Dr. Oakley, I’m pretty excited about the upcoming Calvinist bible translation that you talked about, I look forward to using it against Catholics.

Dr. Oakley: Absolutely we are putting the finishing touches on various verses, I hope you've pre-ordered your copy.

Churchrat: Yes I did, before it arrives though, I was wondering if you could help me with Matt 16:18-19? My sister, who is Catholic, has been hounding me with the text.

Dr. Oakley: Have no fear, away from Rome shall we steer. Here is our current translation:
"18. And I say unto thee, thou art Peter, an insignificant pebble, I will build the Church upon myself, I in essence changed thy name for nothing. The gates of hell shall not prevail against it until the reformation. 19. I will give thee the keys to the kingdom. A bald man in the future shalt spare keys be made hereafter. Whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. But thine bounding power shall perish with thine death. At which time the reformers shall be in no need of thine power."

Churchrat: Thank you sooooooo much!!! I feel secure now in my Calvinistic beliefs.

Dr. Oakley: You’re welcome! Glad i could help you out.


Now keep in mind folks this is a rought draft. We are constatly refining terms to make sure they retroactively fit reformation theology. The full version will come out April 1st. Mark your Calendar.

Update: Beggars all Staff will be having roundtable meetings. Minutes of the meeting will be published monday.

9 comments:

Churchmouse said...

Gee...now I know you aren't getting enough blog readers. Maybe I'll do you a favor some day and create a couple more alter nicks to help you out.

Here's to you kid {{clink}}.

CM

Chuck Williams said...

Looking foward to your 1 Timothy 3:15, translation. :D

The Catholic Journeyman said...

Hey mouse...this feed is so burnt its crispy fried...you are again mistaken.

Churchmouse said...

Crispy fried in one's own canola perhaps? Gee...I'm trying to do a good thing. Oh well, I'll just skip the alternicks and start counting my fingers. Too-da-loo...

James Sjuan said...

Gee...now I know you aren't getting enough blog readers

Lol,sure...If that makes you feel better...

Maybe I'll do you a favor some day and create a couple more alter nicks to help you out.

hehe, Anyhelp is appreciated...kid.

James Sjuan said...

Looking foward to your 1 Timothy 3:15, translation

In the works :)

James Sjuan said...

Mr Journeyman, No worries, "Churchmouse" is just one of my alternicks, lol

Churchmouse said...

Mr. Journeyman, or is it that "James Sjuan" is one of my alternicks...hmmm...what if it is one of your alternicks...hmmm...what if a Catholic by the name of "Altar Nick" appears...hmmm...

James Sjuan said...

what if a Catholic by the name of "Altar Nick" appears...hmmm...

hmm...what if...hmmm...